Kelbuild are seeking a highly motivated and experienced quantity surveyor to join our Dublin team.
Key Responsibilities as Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager regarding all QS affairs for Kelbuild’s Dublin projects.
- Review tender inquiries, estimate projects, and negotiate cost-effective contracts.
- Liaising and negotiating with subcontractors to agree costs and ensure prompt issuing of letters of appointment.
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets, costs and for variations to project scope.
- Record and discuss design changes and remeasures with relevant parties.
- Preparation of monthly interim valuations and project final accounts.
- Production of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on contracts and presentation of same to management.
- Establish, maintain, and nurture effective working relationships with subcontractors, site staff and clients.
- Attend site meetings as required to report and address any issues.
- Look for opportunities to maximize revenue, reduce costs; alongside the ability to identify and investigate losses.
- Stay updated on industry and competitive developments.
- Assess current procedures and implement improved standard operating procedures when required.
- Assist in the guidance and development of Junior Surveyors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Third level Degree.
- Minimum 5 years Main Contractor Experience.
- Keen eye for QS matters with a strong interest in career progression.
- To have strong analytical skills and the ability to present findings effectively.
- Excellent written, communication and people skills.
- Familiarity with the eTenders platform.
- Experience in public works contracts be advantageous.
- To work well within a team environment, with a strong ability to communicate and collaborate with others.
- IT skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office packages & cubit are an advantage.
What’s on offer:
Excellent career prospects and CPD development.
- Competitive Salary and package.
- Opportunity for further career development and upskilling.
- Positive working culture whereby new innovations are supported and welcomed.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across a variety of sectors.
- Outstanding record in the contracting industry in Ireland.
Kelbuild is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected based on their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise, respect and value differences in diversity.
We are committed to ensuring our hiring process is fair and accessible to all and will provide candidates with disabilities with reasonable accommodations required to participate in the recruitment process. If you require any assistance in this regard, please let us know.
Apply for this role by emailing HR@kelbuild.com